All government data is available for viewing at City Hall during normal business hours. To request data, please complete the form below and return to the appropriate City of Minnetrista staff.
NOTE: You may be required to pay the actual cost of making, certifying and/or compiling the copies of data requested in accordance with the Minnetrista Data Practices Policy.
Minnesota Government Data Practices Act
The Minnesota Government Data Practices Act gives you, and all other members of the public, the right to see and have copies of public data that we keep. The law also controls how we keep government data and how we respond to requests for data.
• All government data are presumed public unless a state or federal law says the data are not public.
• Government data means all recorded information a government entity produces and maintains.
• Not all government data is required to be kept forever. The city follows the general records retention schedule for Minnesota cities.
• The Minnesota Government Data Practices Act allows us to charge for copies.
• You have the right to look at (inspect), free of charge, all public data that we keep. This can be done, by appointment only, at city hall.
• The Minnesota Government Data Practices Act provides that the city shall respond to data practices requests within a reasonable time frame. When you submit a request, you will be provided with an estimated timeline that details when you can expect a response.